It has been another good, but busy week at the Sabelhaus household. We finally got the results of the sleep study, which showed that Brady has mildly severe sleep apnea. We met with the Ear, Nose, Throat doctor who said that his tonsils are normal size, but his adnoids are medium sized. (To check his adnoids they had to stick a camera up his nose. He screamed, but the doctor seemed pleased with how well he did and offered him two suckers instead of one once it was over.) That doctor recommend at least having the adenoids removed. However, we met with the sleep doctor on Friday who said we should have them both removed. He said 90% of cases of sleep apnea in children are cured by removing the tonsils and adenoids. With our family's medical history this year, I don't know how I feel about playing the odds. Regardless, we are going to do a little more research but the end decision will probably be for him to have surgery and have those things removed. I just hope I can handle having another child in the hospital. I know it isn't major surgery, but I am still anxious about going back to the hospital for one of my children so soon to Cole being in there. In the end, if it is the best thing for Brady then we will do it. He has his EEG on Monday, so we are praying for some answers from that. He has started doing his tic more often, so we are getting a little more concerned. Up until this point, we had seen a continual decrease in activity so we are wondering what could be causing the sudden increase since he isn't on any medication. Hopefully we'll know more after Monday. Please pray that appointment will go smoothly for him! The poor guy has been through a lot of testing lately. We want to wish our friends the Callahan Triplets (Olivia, Madeline and Harry) a happy first birthday. They are fellow NICU miracles and we have loved getting to watch them grow up over the past year. You can see some adorable pictures of them and check out their blog by clicking
here. Here are some pictures of some of the fun things we've been up to this week.
Who knew you could have so much fun with a diaper box. Brad and Brady turned it into a Robot. This is the "Robot" getting mommy and Cole. (Cutest Robot I've ever seen!)

Look at that cute face! (And this is him trying to do a mean face) :-)

Go Cardinals! Look at that batting form. Good thing we live in Brownsburg. It's like the baseball capital of the midwest!

This is his intimidating face. Aren't you scared!!

Look at the buster as we affectionately call him. He is getting so big! I can't wait to see what his stats are at his 6 month appointment.

Our friends Laura and Jeremy stopped by on their way to Chicago to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. They are such an amazing couple and we are so glad to have them in our lives!

I forgot to post these in the last blog I did. This is Brady showing off his super cool Spiderman backpack. So cool as he would say!

Brady on his first day back at Preschool. So big!

Until next time....
Thanks for letting us stay at your place. It was grea to catch up, although brief. Keep us updated on Brady. We're praying for him! Gosh, I love your boys!
ReplyDeleteTara -
ReplyDeleteTyler (Vanessa's youngest) just had adenoids and tonsils removed. let me know if you want to talk to her! Sara