Monday, August 10, 2009

Week in Review

Brady is so good at playing with Cole and keeping him entertained!
5 months old and a chunky monkey!!!

He's come so far from his NICU days of being under 8lbs!

We had another fun filled week at the Sabelhaus house. Cole turned 5 months old yesterday and he tried cereal for the first time. We tried to wait as close to 6 months as we could, but he was SO interested in food. In fact, if I would hold him and eat he would try to grab my food and then throw a fit when I wouldn't give him any. In the evenings, he was eating 6-7 ounces every 2 hours. Plus, he can sit up really well in the bumbo. Those things combined helped us decide to go ahead and introduce cereal. Just like the other two Sabelhaus boys in this family, Cole LOVES to eat. He also loves to make a mess as you can tell from the pictures. Every night is bath night now that he's started eating cereal. It is just easier to strip his clothes off and put him in the sink rather than trying to clean him up with a wash cloth. He wasn't so sure of this at first, but now he grabs the spoon and shoves it into his mouth! It is so funny to watch!


On Friday we took Brady to his first Indian's baseball game. He had such a good time! He loved dancing to the music they were playing!Brady getting his grove on! Uncle Jared and Rachel he's practicing for the wedding!!Daddy and Brady at the baseball game.

This week is bittersweet for me. It is my last week with the boys at home because I go back to work on Thursday. Brad and I feel so blessed that I have a job that has allowed me to be at home with Cole for the first 5 months of his life, but that doesn't make it any easier to take him to day care! I never really considered being a stay at home mommy, but this week the thought has definitely crossed my mind. I'm sure once we get through that first week and get back into a routine everything will be fine, I just have to survive that first week. I think it is so hard for me to take Cole to day care because I have been with him almost every second since he came home from the hospital 4 months ago (minus the 24 hours he was with my parents while we were at French Lick). We are excited about his day care because it is right across the street from my school and some of the other little boys in our neighborhood go there too! It doesn't help that Cole is definitely a mama's boy too. (He got kicked out of the nursery at church last Sunday. He cried most of the service so they posted our number on the screen. When I went to get him he stopped crying immediately.) I hope he doesn't do that for Miss Natalie. As of right now he will be her only baby so I'm sure he will get lots of attention while I'm at school!


We are just enjoying our last few days of summer and spending time together as a family! Enjoy the pictures!Brady can't simply run and slide down the slip n slide, he has to have his daddy throw him down it!

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for peace and a smooth transition on Thursday! It always helped me to know that every mom feels this way and you are not alone. I know this is not your first child but good to know that it wont be any easier with the next child! Sorry we played phone tag all day yesterday. Hopefully I can catch you today between patients. Peace my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your final days with the boys!!! I tell you what, you produce some chunky monkey baby boys, but oh so cute! Looking forward to seeing you briefly on Thursday night. Hope the first days of school go well!

    ReplyDelete