Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He's Here!!!

On Friday March 16th at 7:54 am, we welcomed Reid Joseph into our family. He weighed in at 11lbs 2oz and was 21 3/4 inches long....WOW, I know!! He and I were both tested for gestational diabetes post birth and both tested out fine. He is just a big baby!!! I laughed because when the pediatrician came to see him, he told us we don't need a pediatrician we need an agent! We went into the hospital Friday morning at 5:30 for a scheduled c-section at 7:30. Waiting for the c-section wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I actually stayed fairly calm given the circumstances. Once in the OR, I found out that the NICU nurse was actually one of Cole's nurses, Carla and she remembered us too. She was AWESOME keeping us updated as to what was going on with the baby and what they were doing to him post birth. The best news, and what we prayed for during the lat nine months, was that he was healthy and was able to stay with me in recovery!!! What am amazing blessing that was!! He will be a week old tomorrow and to be honest, he is pretty close to perfect. He is completely laid back, hardly ever cries and is just an absolutely joy to be around. My other babies weren't very fussy, but he sure takes the cake on having an awesome disposition! I'm still recovering from the c-section, but will try to post updates as often as I can. We are so blessed to have our third healthy boy at home with us!! God is so good to us!

Here is a picture of the big boys opening the presents that Reid bought for them.Brady holding his little brother for the first time.

Here's the big 11 pounder. Nurses kept coming into recovery to see the "big baby." He caused quite a stir on the labor/delivery floor that day!


Snuggling with daddy!

1 comment:

  1. big babies are the best! L was 10 lbs 11 ounces :)

    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete