Wednesday, September 19, 2012

#5 Football Take 2

So it came time to sign up for soccer and my 6 year old threw me a curveball by telling me he wanted to play tackle football instead of soccer.  Brad and I have always said we aren't going to push our kids to play one sport over another, but rather expose them to as many as we can and then let them decide.  I wholeheartedly agree with this philosophy unless it involves my 6 year old playing tackle football.  However, after working on me for a few days, I was convinced it was the right thing to do to let him try it.  Needless to say, it has been the best decision ever because after this year I don't think I have to worry about him wanting to play again.  He may surprise (he has been know to do this often), but he told me the other day he thinks he'd rather play soccer next year.  Phew!  (Although he does look pretty cute in his football gear!)


Daddy showing Brady how to block (into a bunch of pillows of course).  :-)
Now it was Brady's turn!




This is how Reid spends his time during the games.....

and how Cole spends his. 

Overall, it's been a very positive experience I must admit!  Our next adventure with Brady is Karate!

No comments:

Post a Comment