Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Brady!

Sorry for no update yesterday, but Brad and I were trying to spend as much time as possible with Brady to celebrate his birthday. It is hard to believe that he is already 3 years old! He has been so wonderful during this trying time. We invited the McKinney's to join us at Chuck E Cheese for Brady's birthday. We ate pizza and cake and played lots of games. I think all of the kids had a great time! Thanks Abby and Brian for meeting us there so last minute! I'll try to post pictures of that tonight.

Cole is doing wonderful! They took his feeding tube out yesterday because he was doing such a good job eating! I will post some pictures of his face since we can see it with nothing else on it! It is such an adorable little face too! His blood pressure has been dropping during the last 48 hours, so they are hopful that it was just tied to the withdrawal and should resolve itself. He gets his last dose of antibiotics at 4am Friday morning. Once he is finished with that, then they can take his IV out and he will officially not having anything attached or going into his body. Praise God, we have been looking forward to that day! Of course being the anxious mom, I had to ask when we get to take him home. He still has some follow up tests to make sure all of the infection is gone and the urinary infection has cleared, but we are hopful that we will get to bring him home either late this weekend or Monday. It seems so close, yet so far away. He will be 4 weeks old on Monday, which is also hard to believe. Tomorrow will be a big day for Cole because it will be his first day as a normal baby with no medication, etc. I will update tomorrow to let everyone know how he is doing! Thanks for thinking and praying for us!

5 comments:

  1. Praise God! We're hopeful that he gets to go home by Monday. Can't wait to meet the little guy and see you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news!!! It's been so nice to be able to check out your blog every day and see how Cole is progressing. He is a beautiful baby! Blessings, Ginger and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Tara! I've been following your blog and sending happy thoughts your way - so good to hear that things are getting much better.
    Kathryn (Baker) Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such great news Tara....I've been looking at the blog regularly to see how Cole is doing and thinking of you all a lot. Please let me know how I can help when you all get settled back at home...would love to make you all a nice dinner and bring it over! Thinking of you...Ang, Rob and Reece

    ReplyDelete