Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Cole!

Dear Cole-


Happy Birthday sweet baby boy! I can't believe that you are one already. I remember driving to the hospital with your dad on Monday March 9th for my scheduled C-Section. The entire way there we talked about what you would look like, whether you would look like Brady, if you would have black hair, how big you would be. I was so excited to finally meet you after nine long months! It was so weird to just walk into the hospital knowing that I would hold you in less than 3 hours! That's what I thought would happen anyway. However, the Lord had different plans for that day. That day changed my life forever. On that day I had a beautiful baby boy, but I also had everything that I had ever believed in and thought to be true tested beyond what I thought I was capable of handling. The Lord used you to show your dad and me that everything He gives us is a blessing and because of His grace alone. Before that day I would have to admit that there were a lot of things I took for granted: the house we live in, having one healthy boy at home, my marriage, my friends and the list could go on and on. After that day, I realized that nothing is guaranteed and that I should be thankful for every blessing the Lord has given me because everything that I have is just that, a blessing that I don't deserve but He has given me anyway. You helped Him to teach me that and for that I will be forever greatful!


I have loved and treasured every minute of getting to know you as you have grown and changed this first year. Here are some observations from your first year. You are very laid back, but once you decide you want something there is no stopping you. You have been that way from day one. When you are hungry, you wanted something to eat 5 minutes ago. When you are tired, you want to lay down in your bed and go to sleep. When you want a toy from Brady, you tackle him and get it. (Luckily Brady is fairly gentle with you and shares really well!) Your smile and your laugh melt my heart. You have my eyes, but you look A LOT like your brother. You are an amazing sleeper and have been since you were 11 weeks old! You have your daddy's appetite, which means you eat a lot. You love to be chased and to play peek-a-boo and hide-n-seek. You can say Da, Ma, Baba (book), and Hi (but da is your favorite). You are wearing 18 month clothes. You are taking 2-3 steps at a time, but you still prefer to crawl. You always take your shoes and socks off as soon as you get in the car. You HATE having your diaper changed. In fact, we think you might be a wrestler one day because we feel like we have to pin you in order to change it. You are a lovable, cuddly adorable little boy and we are so lucky to have you in our lives. We love you and hope you have a wonderful day today!



We love you more than all of the birthdays that have ever been celebrated (it's a family tradition).


Mom and Dad


One of the first pictures I have of you. You were about 3 weeks old and I was completely in love with your bright eyes and black hair!6 months old and so handsome!

My baby at his birthday party (thanks Abby for the pictures...I LOVED this one especially!) One of the two most handsome, loving, light of my life little boys I know!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are trying to make me cry at work!!! Happy Birthday, Cole! So glad we could celebrate with you on Saturday. Praise God for his miracles and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see you in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Cole! You truly are a miracle and what a blessing you are to everyone! Sorry we couldn't celebrate with you on Saturday. You look sooo old in that last picture and I just saw you a couple of weeks ago! Love you, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was so sweet and I definitely teared up! He is truly a little miracle...what a blessing:-) Happy Birthday little man!

    Ash:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does the time go?? Happy belated birthday Cole! You are a handsome little man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes ladies! Your friendships mean so much to me!

    ReplyDelete