We're all geared up and ready to go.
Brad getting set up for his first trip across the cable. (I made him go first!)
There was one line where you dropped about 5-6 feet before your line caught and you went across. Basically, you would free fall before your trip across. The guide convinced us to fall backwards and some of the friends we met on the trip snapped this picture. I just want to point out that I'm not the one with my mouth open and screaming!! :-)
After we had completed all of the lines, they had a little watering hole (about 40 feet deep) where they had set up a line out to the middle of it. Brad had a blast as did everyone else trying to do flips off of it. I had to pass because I got stung really bad on the last line and I'm allergic so I wanted to wait to make sure I didn't have a bad reaction. It was fun watching them though!
As you can hopefully tell from the pictures, we had a great time. I am so glad God blessed me with a husband who can convince me to try new things! Otherwise I would have missed out on this amazing experience!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Ziplining
Hawaii continued. Brad really wanted to try something adventursome that also allowed us to see some of the beauty Kauai has to offer. The excursion he decided on was Ziplining. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated at the thought of seeing Kauai over a hundred feet in the air hanging from a cable. Being the good sport that I am, I said sure. We both had a great time! The scariest part was actually jumping off the platform, but after that it was AMAZING!! Absolutely beautiful and I am so glad he talked me into doing it. Enjoy the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Sabe! How fun is your wife! My husband and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon in '07 and he couldn't get me to zip line. I suggest Costa Rica for your next trip. Very similar to Hawaii at 1/2 the cost. (Deanna Budreau)
ReplyDelete