Saturday, July 18, 2009

Family Vacation

We were so fortunate that we were able to go on vacation with my parents this summer. Vacationing with two kids 3 and 4 months just didn't sound appealing without the extra sets of hands to help out! We headed to Tell City on Friday July 3rd and spent some time with Brad's family before we headed to Fairfield Glades Tennessee on Sunday. Grandpa Sabelhaus (or the man with the mints as Brady calls him) got to see just how finicky Cole can be as far as the positions he likes to be held in. He could hardly believe it because as soon as he would sit down Cole would start crying. It was pretty funny!One afternoon my dad and Brad stayed with Cole while my mom and I took Brady for his first pony ride. This was a cute little cow figure that was in the yard that Brady played with while we were waiting.Petting one of the horses while we waited.Brady on Fireball. He looks like a natural! I am training him to like horses so I have someone to go riding with. (Brad likes them ok, but is still a little intimidated by them since he was 25 the first time he rode one.)After horseback riding, we went and got frozen custard.Brady drank the remaining custard and had the best milk mustache. :-)


While we were down there, Cole turned 4 months old on the 9th. Wow how time flies when we're having fun!


We had a little scare while we were down there. One evening my dad and Brad went golfing. I had taken Brady out to play for a while and we had just come back inside. I turned on a movie to help him wind down a little bit. I looked at him while he was watching the movie and noticed that he had a sort of tick in his face. His left eye would blink and the left corner of his mouth would go up. I asked him if he could stop it and he said stop what. I then turned off the TV and had my mom read him a book to see if it had anything to do with watching TV. He continued to do this tick while reading the book. At this point, he was doing it ever 3-5 seconds. We counted to 20 and did his alphabet to see if it was affecting his brain. He could still do those things, so that was a little comforting. I called his pediatrician who said we should take him to the ER to make sure there wasn't something with his brain or that it wasn't seizures. They did a CT scan and said the brain and everything looked fine. The PA mentioned that it is rare, but she has seen where Zyrtec and different antihistomines can cause a neurological tick. Brady had been on Zyrtec for about a month for allergies. She said to take him off of it immediately and see what happenes. I called his pediatrician the next day, told him what they said and he said he has heard of that too, but like she said it is pretty rare. As of today, I still see him do it every once in a while, but the consistency is definitely gone. We are just continuing to watch him at this point to see what happens or if we need to research it any further. We would appreciate prayers that it was just the Zyrtec and that they will completely go away on their own. Here are a couple of pictures of Brady in the emergency room. We tried to make it fun for him so he wouldn't be so scared.




Brady and I got to have some much needed time alone. With feeding Cole taking up so much of my time, we don't get to do things just the two of us very often. I took him to play mini-golf for the first time. He loved it! He was running to the next hole as soon as he made his ball in the hole. He even got a hole in one!


Just hanging out at the condo.


They had an indoor pool that was free. We used that pool a lot because 1. it was free and 2. we didn't have to worry about Cole being out in the sun. This is Cole's first time in the pool where he didn't cry. (I hadn't planned to put him in the pool, so he just has a diaper on.)

The boys having fun in the pool.
This is Brady's idea of heaven, basketball and the pool combined!
We have a thumb sucker. Brady was always a pacifier baby, but Cole definitely prefers the thumb. I think it helps him to sleep through the night, so at this point we are fully supporting the habit!


Before we left for Tennessee, Brady had a cool down at my parent's house. When Brad went in to talk to him about why he got in trouble this is how we found him. It's kind of hard to have a serious conversation after this one!

Mommy and the boys hanging out on the porch swing.




Overall, we had a wonderful vacation and we are very appreciative of my parents who let us use their timeshare with them! We hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we did making the memories!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Keep me posted with Brady. Miss all of you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great vacation! My hubby's trip to Heuston Woods is boys-only, so I'll be flying solo with the girls in August....

    ReplyDelete