Monday, October 26, 2009

The Honeymoon is over!

Brady had been doing so well after his surgery......but he's had some rough nights lately! He's been waking up at least twice a night screaming uncontrollably from his throat hurting. It takes us at least an hour to get him to take his medicine, drink some water, eat a popsicle and go back to sleep. Today is day8. Just curious if any of your kids have had their tonsils/adenoids out, when they stopped waking up in the middle of the night from the pain? On top of Brady not feeling well, Cole has 3 teeth now and 2 more that should break through any day now. That means he's gotten 5 teeth in less than a month. Needless to say, no one in our house has gotten good sleep in over a week! Luckily for us, our knights in shing armour showed up yesterday (aka Grandma and Grandpa Alvey). They are on fall break and have the boys home with them today. I just called to check on the boys and my mom is making vegetable soup for dinner....a little soup for the soul!

Even though Brady isn't feeling well, he is continuing to get spoiled. His Grandma and Grandpa Sabelhaus sent him the Jungle Book so that he would have a new movie to watch and he has gotten tons of cards from everyone wishing him well. Our neighbors brought him over a card and a transformer...he now has a new favorite toy. I also forgot to thank our friends Heather and Jason. They helped us out a ton during Brady's surgery by picking Cole up from day care that Monday, keeping him that evening and then feeding Brad dinner when he picked him up. We are so blessed to have so many friends, neighbors, and family members who care about us! Hopefully next time I am on here I'll be telling you how we are all rested and ready for Halloween!!! Until then, here's to hoping and wishing for good sleep and no more sore throats!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry ot hear about the horrible nights. I hope things improve soon. Looking foward to the snake sandwich...you go Paula!!

    ReplyDelete