This week was another crazy week at our house. Work was busy for both Brad and I. My school is on quarters and this week was the end of the quarter, which meant grades were due and I got a new group of 6th graders. Then to top things off it was our night to babysit. We started a babysitting group in our neighborhood in July. There are 3 families for now and once a month one family keeps all of the kids so that the other two families can have some time to themselves to go on a date. So far it is working out really well and Brad and I have enjoyed having some alone time together. With two kids, by the time we would pay a babysitter and then go out to dinner it would end up being a fairly expensive night. This definitely help cut down on the cost, and it makes us actually schedule in a date time every month.
Even though it was busy, Brady and I managed to fit in time to make some cupcakes for my college friend Erin. She is recouperating from having surgery on her leg to remove soft tissue cancer. I had never heard of that before, but praise God that they think they got it all!! To help her feel a little better Brady and I made her cupcakes and spaghetti and we're going to deliver it tomorrow. A homecooked meal always makes me feel better!! I love it that Brady likes to help me in the kitchen....I just have to keep his fingers out of the batter and icing!!

Brad worked late two nights this week instead of one so I was on my own for bath time. I finally gave in and gave the boys a bath together. It went really well. I thought Brady would be all crazy splashing around trying to make Cole laugh, but he was an awesome helper! I am definitely going to start doing this regularly. It was so much easier.

Aren't they adorable!!

Mr. Cole has decided he is about ready to crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth ALL of the time!! Brad saw him move his leg like he was going to take a step this morning, but then he fell down. I'm sure it won't be long. We're both curious to see what Brady thinks of him once he can crawl and get into his stuff.

I know I say this often, but I just cannot believe how good Brady is with Cole. He is so good at keeping him entertained so that I can make dinner after school. I love it!

We do have a prayer request with this post. Brady is having surgery on Monday to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He will have to stay over night and then he will get to come home on Tuesday. We are doing this surgery hoping that it will get rid of his sleep apnea. The poor kid tosses and turns and wakes up every night. We are convinced that he is not getting the amount of sleep he should get for a kid his age. We are praying this will fix everything and that we won't have to go back to the sleep doctor to see what Plan B is. Please pray for a speedy recovery! I'll update once we are home from the hospital.
Hoping and praying Monday goes smoothly. Good luck! Call us when you get a chance to let us know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteThe Rogiers
You all are in my prayers! Praying for the surgeon, anethesthiologist, Brady and of course mom and daddy. God Speed Tara. Love you.
ReplyDelete