Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Small setback

Cole has been running a fever between 100 and 103 since last night. They originally thought it was a withdrawal symptom from weaning his pain medications. They increased his pain medication from .75 to 1 to see if that helped reduce the fever. They also gave him tylenol and it is still above 101. They are going to start an antibiotic within the next hour. They took a blood culture last night and nothing has developed from that. However, he also had a catheter for almost a week so he could have gotten an infection from that too. We are hoping it is not from his central line because that is how he receives all of his medication. Pray that whatever the infection is that it goes away quickly! Everything else is on hold until they figure out what is causing the fever. It is hard to have these setbacks, especially when he had been progressing so quickly. Please pray for patience for Brad and I as we wait to find out what is causing the infection. I will try to update once they give us more information.

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying for Cole. As well as for you and Brad to have patience and strength. I love Cole's hair, by the way. It is wild and crazy like Tara's in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brad and Tara. This is Michelle (Taylor's mom). Cole is absolutely beautiful!!! I know that you guys have been on such a crazy rollercoaster ride, but God truely does work miracles. Just look at Hope. I completely understand how crazy things have been. It was a long haul for Hope and we went through many of the same things you guys are. But Cole is in such amazing hands - both God's and the wonderful medical staff a Clarian. I will continue praying for all of you. I'm sure that this is just a tiny bump in the progress he's making and I have all of the faith that he will bounce right back from this. I know how hard it is to be patient. I remember I wanted all of the answers now. But he's definitely a fiesty, tough little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers that little Cole continues to improve. I'll be thinking of you all. Get well soon, Baby Cole!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well be pray'n! Just a minor set back, look how far he has come in one week. He can do it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying for your guys! Cole has proved how much he is a fighter that I am hopeful he will bounce right back. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete