Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday March 18th...More Good News!

Cole had a great day! He is being such a champ! He was down to 40% oxygen when I left at 3:00 and 10 on the Nitric Oxide (down from 20). They had also decreased one of his blood pressure medications from 10 to 8. All of these changes were made without him dropping his saturation level below 96. Yeah! Kristen had her camera and she can take pictures with no flash and very little light. She is going to upload those when she gets home so I will get to post them. We took pictures of all of the machines that hold his medication, the ventilator and of course him. He is swollen in the pictures because of the lack of movement and the medication are making him retain water. He still looks precious! Keep praying for successful weaning of the ventilator and the medication! At this pace, I will get to hold him this weekend. Praise God, I have been waiting for that day since he was born! I will post pictures once I get them.
God Bless!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Tara thanks again for the update. You are doing such a great job at this when we know you plate is so full! Praise Jesus for another great day. This boy is a fighter! You take care and shout if you need something we will be there! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so amazing! It will be so wonderful for you to get to hold him!!!! Praise God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously have me tearing up. So amazing! Praying for continued good news...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. I know how tough it can be while your baby is in the NICU. Know that baby Cole is in great hands. It is so exciting that you will be able to hold him soon. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is so happy reading the latest post. Praise God indeed! Look out...when he can finally be held without limitations...will anyone ever put him down again?...I think not. Thinking and praying...Holly, Jon, Caiden and Avery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better! We're praying for you guys!! How wonderful it will be to hold your sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you will see a huge improvement afer he's able to be held by his mama!!! Really! Wow. That's great news, guys! Just checking in on you this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear Lord, We know You are in control of precious Cole's healing. Thank you for bringing him so far. Thank you for his faithful and loving and praying parents. Give them the faith they need to hold on to You and trust You with what each day brings. Our request, dear Lord ,is that You would fight and defeat the infection, bring the fever down to normal and continue precious Cole's path to health and home. Give the doctors and nurses understanding and wisdom to make excellent decisions as to treatment and medications. Give Tara and Brad strength and faith. Take extra care of Brady. in Christ, amen

    ReplyDelete