

Cole had a little bit of a set-back last night, but he seems to be rallying today. They had to go back up to 50% oxygen last night. Today he is back down to 44% oxygen. Dr. Edwards said that they are just going to have to go a little slower when dropping the oxygen. That means it might be Monday or Tuesday before I get to hold. Please pray for patience for me as I wait for that day! They dropped the nitric oxide again down to 5. They said if he continues to do well with that then they will drop it to 2.5 around 10pm. That means he could be weaned off of the nitric sometime tomorrow. Yeah!! Before I left they were able to take him off of one of his blood pressure medications. The other one is still at 20, but once they get it down to 5, then they will be able to start feeding him through a feeding tube. (Up until this point he hasn't been able to eat.) Some of his swelling has gone down so he is looking better. Keep praying for a speedy weaning process! I'll update again tomorrow.

Tara-
ReplyDeleteSeeing these pictures and reading your posts brings tears to my eyes. I have identical pictures of Aubree and it brings back memories of the pain I had to go through in order to bring my daughter home. You have such amazing strength...it shows through your posts. I think about you and your family everyday and pray that little Cole's progress continues to stay strong.
This is GREAT news! I knew he was a little fighter. I am praying that he will continue to recover smoothly so that you can soon hold him. I know how hard it to not be able to...especially when he was on no stim orders too. I guess it will be just that much more magical when it finally can happen. Thinking about you all and patiently anticipating every update!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Holly
YEAH for Cole! It was so nice to hear the good news from you yesterday! We will keep the prayers coming your way. Love ya
ReplyDeleteWe pray that there are no more set backs and they can continue to drop his medicines. Look at that dark hair! Love it! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteawwww..he is PRECIOUS!!!!! I can't wait to see a picture of you holding him!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete